Blog Bird Background - a Reminder that God knows and still cares- even about my hair falling out.

Matthew 10:29-31 "What's the price of a pet canary? Some loose change, right? And God cares what happens to it even more than you do. He pays even greater attention to you, down to the last detail - even numbering the hairs on your head! So don't be intimidated by all this bully talk. You're worth more than a million canaries. (The Message Translation)



Friday, November 30, 2007

Thankful

In light of everything that has gone on this Summer and Fall with our family, I have made a list of things I am thankful for. It can be easy to fall into the "woe is me" feelings, and I always want to remember the things I have to be thankful for.

Here it is:


  • A beautiful, healthy daughter.
  • The baby being bottle fed so Joel can get up with her in the middle of the night during weekends.
  • 2 beautiful healthy sons.
  • A husband who has a new resolve to seek the will of God for his and our life.
  • An immediate and extended family who has been a support to me physically, emotionally and spiritually.
  • The realization that God is the perfect Father and yet His kids mess up all the time. I can take it easy on myself that my kids aren't perfect (Thanks Lindy!).
  • A roof over our heads, Joel's great job, cars to drive and food to eat.
  • Being able to say I experienced "natural" childbirth.
  • 3 weeks of sleeping through the night after Olivia was born while the nurses took care of her.
  • John, JohnPaul, Jesse and Josh.
  • A bi-polar roomate that helped scare reality back into our family.
  • Living Hope Church and Pastor John Bishop.
  • That the boys 'colored' on my cedar chest with my deodorant and NOT crayons or markers or something else I can't get off!

No comments: