Blog Bird Background - a Reminder that God knows and still cares- even about my hair falling out.

Matthew 10:29-31 "What's the price of a pet canary? Some loose change, right? And God cares what happens to it even more than you do. He pays even greater attention to you, down to the last detail - even numbering the hairs on your head! So don't be intimidated by all this bully talk. You're worth more than a million canaries. (The Message Translation)



Friday, August 22, 2008

At a Loss

"Plan for the worst and hope for the best" is a motto that Joel has always lived by. I think it's a good one, too. We were all hoping for the best. And I suppose it could have been worse. But when you are talking about the affect on someone's life, 'it could have been worse' just doesn't cut it.

It's bad enough.

The thoughts in my head are just swimming around in messed up circles. I just keep thinking "Why didn't I tell her I loved her more?", "What must be running through their little heads as they go to sleep tonight?", "I hope she isn't too scared, all alone"...and so many other things that as I think about them, I can't help but weep.

I just wish there was more that I could have done, that I CAN do now. I hope she knows how much I love her...how much we all support her and how we will do anything in our power to make things easier...if there even is something we can do.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, Betsy....the good news is, it's NOT too late! Praying for you guys.

Karli Del Biondo said...

Wait, what happened? I feel like I missed something. Karli

Betsy said...

Sorry...you didn't miss anything. What I was writing about is something that's going on in my family (personal family stuff) and Amy knows about it because of who it's related to.