Blog Bird Background - a Reminder that God knows and still cares- even about my hair falling out.

Matthew 10:29-31 "What's the price of a pet canary? Some loose change, right? And God cares what happens to it even more than you do. He pays even greater attention to you, down to the last detail - even numbering the hairs on your head! So don't be intimidated by all this bully talk. You're worth more than a million canaries. (The Message Translation)



Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Random (Hopefully) Useful Information

I know I suck at blogging. Bottom line. I have great thoughts while I'm away from the house on topics I'd like to blog about, think about how to put the thoughts together eloquently and come home with excitement and great intentions. But, then I get home and my 3 children and piles of housework and laundry suddenly come to the forefront of my schedule, and blogging gets pushed back.

Anyway, I have a minute while the oven pre-heats so I wanted to share my thoughts about my new favorite thing!

I was watching Oprah a few weeks ago and this lady was talking about how she can save up to 70% on her grocery bill. I was schocked and amazed and realized that even though I had no way to save 70% right off the bat, I could for sure start clipping coupons and planning my meals around the sales, and not making a meal list then buying everything full price. I also decided shopping in bulk would be a great idea as things go on sale (her idea, not really mine) but meat is especially hard for me because of freezer burn. Enter "Ziplock Vaccum Freezer System". For $11 I got the pump that sucks the air out and some quart sized bags. Love it. I figure I can write "Chicken" on the bag and reuse it over and over by writing the date in tiny print on one side and crossing it out each time the meat is replaced.

Also, my platelets dropped from 93k to 43k in 2 weeks. Still okay though, and no treatment necessary!

1 comment:

Tana said...

I think buying in bulk and shopping "what's on sale" is a wonderful idea!! Costco has really great prices/quality for buying meat in bulk. I just heard on one of Mr. Ramsey's CD's that his wife had a grocery coupon system all worked out (for stuff they would normally buy) and the deal was she got 1/2 of the money she saved in coupons through out the year at the end of the year in cash. Last year she managed to save 700 dollars, so she got $350 in cash!! I'm thinking this is a really good idea a "Mommy bonus"!!!