Blog Bird Background - a Reminder that God knows and still cares- even about my hair falling out.

Matthew 10:29-31 "What's the price of a pet canary? Some loose change, right? And God cares what happens to it even more than you do. He pays even greater attention to you, down to the last detail - even numbering the hairs on your head! So don't be intimidated by all this bully talk. You're worth more than a million canaries. (The Message Translation)



Sunday, May 3, 2009

So we said good-bye...


My sister (in-law, but I don't really think of her that way) left this morning for the Dominican Republic. I'm so excited for her and for all that God has planned for her while she's there. She'll be gone until August 19th and is working with Kids Alive International, coordinating the volunteers that come down to work with the organization.


But, I am also so sad for me. When there are very few people in your life you consider close friends, and of those, even fewer still that you feel you can call in a heartbeat if you need a shoulder to cry on or someone to listen to you, to encourage you, to help stir your faith, to know your heart and not judge you for mis-steps along your journey, having one leave is devastating.


Jenee is one of those people for me. She's not just a friend, she's my sister. And she's a good sister. And she's a good friend. I can call her when I feel like punching the wall or curling up and crying. I can call her when I'm excited about something stupid or when one of the kids says something hilarious and I need to tell someone. She knows all the ins and outs about my life the last 2 years and all the crap I have dealt with and am currently dealing with. She loves my kids, and she's always willing to help me if I need it. More than that, if I just want someone to come sit on the couch and 'be' with me for no reason other than I'm lonely, I know I can call on her.


Doesn't it suck when a friend like that leaves? I know it's only for 4 months. It feels like an eternity to me.


Thank GOD for Skype.


I love you Jenee. I miss you already.

4 comments:

Tana said...

After reading, I'm sad for you!! What a wonderful treasure you have!!

Jenee Fahndrich said...

Betsy, you are the most amazing sister in the world! I totally cried when I read this... I love you so much and I miss you already too. We will keep in touch and 4 months will fly by! Plus, when I get back and you hire me as your nanny we will get to spend way more time together ;) I love you so much!!!

Lori said...

awww, I totally understand how you feel. So many of my closest friends live elsewhere or have moved and not many around here.

Josie said...

Cute blog! My 18 month old also poops on the potty hehehe isnt is WONDERFUL! http://raisingbabycheap.blogspot.com