Blog Bird Background - a Reminder that God knows and still cares- even about my hair falling out.

Matthew 10:29-31 "What's the price of a pet canary? Some loose change, right? And God cares what happens to it even more than you do. He pays even greater attention to you, down to the last detail - even numbering the hairs on your head! So don't be intimidated by all this bully talk. You're worth more than a million canaries. (The Message Translation)



Friday, May 1, 2009

And another month has gone by...

...since I last updated my blog. I have realized with my sister leaving for the Dominican Republic for 4 months on Sunday, I need to keep up so she knows what's going on in our lives.

I went to see the rheumatologist. His determination after an examination was that the pain is not localized in only my joints (which means it's not RA, which is good!) but is also in my tendons and some muscles. His diagnoisis is neuropathic pain and an extreme Vitamin D defeciency. Neuropathic pain basically is my nerves misfiring and telling my body I'm in pain after doing regular, normal things people do on a daily basis, that shouldn't be causing pain. The Rheumatologist said that he's seen this kind of pain develop after patients use the medication Plaquenil, but usually after long-term use, not usually after a week on the medication (which is how long I took it).

Vitamin D defeciencies can cause extreme bone pain (normal Vitamin D levels are 30-150. Mine was 11.). I was put on 50,000 iu of Vitamin D per week and another medication called Gabapentin for pain. It's a pain medication, but not a narcotic.

So far in the last several weeks, I haven't noticed a huge change, if any at all. I've now been referred to the pain clinic. Sheesh.

Lunchtime for the kiddos, so I think I'll write more to update on their adorableness later!

No comments: