Blog Bird Background - a Reminder that God knows and still cares- even about my hair falling out.

Matthew 10:29-31 "What's the price of a pet canary? Some loose change, right? And God cares what happens to it even more than you do. He pays even greater attention to you, down to the last detail - even numbering the hairs on your head! So don't be intimidated by all this bully talk. You're worth more than a million canaries. (The Message Translation)



Friday, May 9, 2008

I still believe God is in control...

Today I went in for a platelet count check since they were down on Tuesday and we also left my AMG dose at 7. I have 8,000 platelets. I was sent immediately (well, with a stop off at home to change into comfy clothes) to Southwest Washington Medical Center to have a platelet transfusion and 80g of IVIg. Here's the awesome part: I didn't get to go for my massage because of my count being too low AND SWMC has changed the brand of IVIg they use. To the one that Legacy uses. The one that has to be run insanely slow and gives me horrible migraines. I've been in tears a lot today. I feel like I've been punched in the stomach. It was like one piece of bad news after another all day long today. We are so blessed that we have family around to help us though and Joel's grandma watched the kids this morning and his dad took over in the afternoon until Joel got home from work.
I still believe God is in control. I still believe there is a plan for my life and I have a destiny to fulfill. But honestly, a year later, I am starting to feel weary. I am literally physically exhausted and mentally and emotionally trying not to check out.
I'm going to stop being a wah-wah now and go to bed. I have another full day of IVIg tomorrow and my mom and dad are coming to spend some time with me at the hospital. That has honestly been the highlight of my day. I am so very happy that they are able to do that.

1 comment:

Tanell said...

Hey,
I'm so sorry to hear all this...know that you are in my thoughts and prayers and if you need anything our family is here. Happy mothers day!! :)