Blog Bird Background - a Reminder that God knows and still cares- even about my hair falling out.

Matthew 10:29-31 "What's the price of a pet canary? Some loose change, right? And God cares what happens to it even more than you do. He pays even greater attention to you, down to the last detail - even numbering the hairs on your head! So don't be intimidated by all this bully talk. You're worth more than a million canaries. (The Message Translation)



Wednesday, May 14, 2008

What God Hath Promised

Yesterday my count was 567,000 and I didn't get an injection. I'm going in tomorrow to see Dr. K. and to make a decision about my treatment. The pain has gotten to the point where it's intolerable and I'm dependant on pain meds to keep it under control. I hate it. I hate it so much. It's not a benefit to anyone if the treatment is worse than the problem we're trying to control.

I should be happy and elated - my count is up and no injection leading to pain this week...but I feel very overwhelmed. To be honest, I feel let down that this treatment didn't work for me. Now what? I know my Dr. has the next steps of what she wants to try lined up, and I'm confident in her ability. Where my confidence is lagging is holding on to the promise that I dont' serve a God of statistics, I serve a God of miracles. My faith never wavered when Holly was on bedrest with her little girls, but for myself, in the midst of all of this, it's an overwhelming 'reality' that ITP, according to statistics, never goes away. It might go into remission for a short, or even long time, but it never goes away. I know I need to put away the statistics and get out the Word of God. I'm just so tired.


God hath not promised skies always blue,
Flower strewn pathways all our lives through;
God hath not promised sun without rain,
Joy without sorrow, peace without pain.

Refrain

But God hath promised strength for the day,
Rest for the labor, light for the way,
Grace for the trials, help from above,
Unfailing sympathy, undying love.

God hath not promised we shall not know
Toil and temptation, trouble and woe;
He hath not told us we shall not bear
Many a burden, many a care.

Refrain

God hath not promised smooth roads and wide,
Swift, easy travel, needing no guide;
Never a mountain rocky and steep,
Never a river turbid and deep.

Words by Annie J. Flint
Music by William M. Runyun

No comments: