Blog Bird Background - a Reminder that God knows and still cares- even about my hair falling out.

Matthew 10:29-31 "What's the price of a pet canary? Some loose change, right? And God cares what happens to it even more than you do. He pays even greater attention to you, down to the last detail - even numbering the hairs on your head! So don't be intimidated by all this bully talk. You're worth more than a million canaries. (The Message Translation)



Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Massage Therapy - Mommyville just got a little easier.


My platelet count was down to 58k this week. Bummer! I went in on Friday for a mid-week (mid injection week) check because it was down to 75k last Tuesday. It was up to 193k on Friday! I breathed a little easier and had a good weekend with my kids and hubby. I am going in again this Friday because we left my dose at 7mcg, and since my count was down, my Dr. wants to check my count before the weekend to make sure it's gone up.

The good news for this week is that we're going to start trying massage therapy to combat the pain I'm in to see if I can depend less on narcotics for pain relief. I get to go in Friday for my first massage and am happy to announce that it's covered my my insurance! I'll be honest, if not for the pain, then for the fact that I am a mother of three children 5 and under, I am really looking forward to an hour long massage. Every week. My kids' pediatrician is also technically my primary care doctor (she's an internist) so she recommended accupuncture if the massage therapy doesn't work for me.
Livi had her 6 month well-baby check-up today (she's actually 7 months...we got in late this time) and is 14lbs 13oz and 25.5'' long. On the non-adjusted growth (so the curve for term babies) she's 15% for weight and 20% for height. She's doing great! She had her shots today and she REALLY let the doctors and nurses know that she was MAD. Normally, the boys would get their shots, I'd pick them up and calm them down and they'd be fine. We could get dressed, get in the car and they'd fall asleep. She screamed (Screamed, mind you, not cried) the whole time getting dressed, while the boys picked out stickers and all the way to the car. She's a fairly laid back baby, but when she's upset, she lets you know. Drama.

1 comment:

Amy said...

You lucky mama! I would LOVE a massage every week. Well, I could do that....we just wouldn't be able to eat! ;-)