Blog Bird Background - a Reminder that God knows and still cares- even about my hair falling out.

Matthew 10:29-31 "What's the price of a pet canary? Some loose change, right? And God cares what happens to it even more than you do. He pays even greater attention to you, down to the last detail - even numbering the hairs on your head! So don't be intimidated by all this bully talk. You're worth more than a million canaries. (The Message Translation)



Friday, June 20, 2008

Platelet Update

I have some this week! We had my count done on Wednesday since I've been taking the Dexamethasone (which from now on will be referred to as 'Dex') on Thursday mornings. I discussed the possibility with Dr. K of leaving my count untreated and asked the likelyhood of my platelets working 'harder' than a normal person's since I tend to not have any symptoms (bleeding, bruising, petechiae). She said she was comfortable leaving them untreated at 30,000. Wednesday, they were 47,000 nearly a week after the dex. Yay! No dex this week for me which means I get to sleep. I'm so happy about that.

No comments: