Blog Bird Background - a Reminder that God knows and still cares- even about my hair falling out.

Matthew 10:29-31 "What's the price of a pet canary? Some loose change, right? And God cares what happens to it even more than you do. He pays even greater attention to you, down to the last detail - even numbering the hairs on your head! So don't be intimidated by all this bully talk. You're worth more than a million canaries. (The Message Translation)



Sunday, June 1, 2008

Quick Update

I went in a week ago (Memorial Day) and my platelet count was at 189k after 5 days of steroids. On Thursday, it was 187k still!! I honestly was a little shocked. I don't think my count has stayed the same for 4 in over a year. I go in again Tuesday to see where we're at. On a related note, the steroids jacked me up good. While I was on them, I had anxiety attacks, couldn't sleep, trouble regulating my temperature (frying hot one minute, freezing cold the next). As I went off them (I was told not to wean off like you normally would off a steroid) I struggled with more anxiety, sleepless nights, extreme muscle fatigue, dizziness, and joint pain. To lift my children was a struggle. More and more I am asking God for a miracle in my life. As the treatments seem to be more troublesome than the problem we're treating, I am having a hard time allowing my Dr. to "treat" the problem. Please continue to pray for me (2 weeks a month dealing with these side-effects) and for our family as the last year/year and a half have been a trying time for us in almost every area. Thanks!

No comments: