Blog Bird Background - a Reminder that God knows and still cares- even about my hair falling out.

Matthew 10:29-31 "What's the price of a pet canary? Some loose change, right? And God cares what happens to it even more than you do. He pays even greater attention to you, down to the last detail - even numbering the hairs on your head! So don't be intimidated by all this bully talk. You're worth more than a million canaries. (The Message Translation)



Wednesday, March 5, 2008

ITP Update 3/5/08

Good evening!
Sorry this is a little bit late! I had to reschedule my appointment from yesterday to today because Joel got stuck with a client at work and couldn't make it home in time for me to go last night.
I went today and my count had dropped from 137k to 52k since last week. It's still a decent number, but they went ahead and upped my dose to 6 this week (from 5 the last 2 weeks). Michelle, the nurse in charge of the study, really feels like we are closing in on a number that will work for me and be able to keep things stable. In the meantime, though, as the dose keeps going up, the side effects seem to be a little worse each week and I'd love to just hold off and keep the dose level for a while. I keep reminding myself that me being on the drug may just help someone else in the future who is unresponsive to the first line courses of treatment for ITP and someday, this drug may save someone's life. It's nice to put it in a bigger-picture scale sometimes so I don't get too focused in on myself and how this is all affecting me.

Until next week!

No comments: