Blog Bird Background - a Reminder that God knows and still cares- even about my hair falling out.

Matthew 10:29-31 "What's the price of a pet canary? Some loose change, right? And God cares what happens to it even more than you do. He pays even greater attention to you, down to the last detail - even numbering the hairs on your head! So don't be intimidated by all this bully talk. You're worth more than a million canaries. (The Message Translation)



Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Not Just for Back Pain Anymore



So last week when talking to my Hematologist (who from here on out shall be referred to as "Dr. K") I mentioned the achy feeling/bone pain I have after getting my injections. She commented that it would make absolute sense that my bones were "achy" because we were 'asking my bone marrow to work harder'. Phew! I'm not crazy! (Well, concerning this, anyhow!). Since people with bleeding problems are not supposed to take ibuprofen she recommended I take some Doans pills to relieve the pain that acetaminaphin didn't take care of. The Magnesium Salicylate relieves pain and inflamation like ibuprofin, and in fact, is listed in the same 'class' of drugs as ibuprofin, but is safe to take if you have bleeding/clotting problems. We actually had some at home, so I was able to take some and they worked so well! It's so great to have an alternative to Tylenol (which as far as I'm concerned is a waste of money...it does nothing for me) that actually works and is safe for me to take.

The More You Know (And shooting star...)

No comments: