Blog Bird Background - a Reminder that God knows and still cares- even about my hair falling out.

Matthew 10:29-31 "What's the price of a pet canary? Some loose change, right? And God cares what happens to it even more than you do. He pays even greater attention to you, down to the last detail - even numbering the hairs on your head! So don't be intimidated by all this bully talk. You're worth more than a million canaries. (The Message Translation)



Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Where are my warriors at?


I had my 12 week follow-up appointment today with Dr. K. as required by Amgen (the company producing my injection drug). First of all, I can hardly believe it's been 12 weeks of injections already! It doesn't seem like it's been that long to me. My platelet count was down to 89k today which was a little disappointing. I was really hoping that 7 was the magical dose that we'd end up at and I'd get to start injecting at home. She upped the dose to 8 today though, so we'll see what happens next week.
I was telling Dr. K. about the excruciating pain I'm in for the 3-4 days following the injection. This last week, in particular, seemed worse (I think I might have had a little bug on top of it, but didn't realize since I was already feeling poorly) and I basically just laid everything out for her. She looked me in the eye and asked me "Do you have good prayer warriors praying for you?" A little bit shocked that she asked me that, I replied "Yes! I do!" She said "GOOD ones?? You need to tell them to pray for this pain AND for your platelets". I quickly reassured her that my prayer warriors are praying for both!

I also reminded her that I have a wonderful husband who takes GREAT care of me. More and more I am learning how much patience and compassion that man has for me and the situation we are in. The nights when I'm in pain and have been with the kids all day, he comes home after a long day at work (he starts work at 7), makes dinner and gets everyone to bed for me. Without even a complaint. Seriously, I don't think I've heard him complain. Luckily, Dr. K has seen him in action and she said "YES! You DO have a wonderful husband". She's complimented him several times which makes me so happy for all he does and sad to think that she probably sees spouses or family members of patients that are NOT so supportive.

3 comments:

HJC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
HJC said...

WAY TO GO JOEL!!!!!!!!! Betsy, I am so proud of you! You are such a fighter and know all these thing will make you even stronger. How many pokes now? I think you have me beat!!!!

-One of your Warriors Always!!!

benology said...

Betsy,
We will definitely be praying for you to beat this thing, and to beat it quickly. No more lengthy stuff. We will believe God to bring healing to your body!

Ben & Amy