Blog Bird Background - a Reminder that God knows and still cares- even about my hair falling out.

Matthew 10:29-31 "What's the price of a pet canary? Some loose change, right? And God cares what happens to it even more than you do. He pays even greater attention to you, down to the last detail - even numbering the hairs on your head! So don't be intimidated by all this bully talk. You're worth more than a million canaries. (The Message Translation)



Wednesday, July 14, 2010

On Losing my Locks

It seems the dog and I are both shedding our winter coat. I wonder how much longer I have to wear my own hair before it's too thin to do anything with?

I'm so appreciative of all the people who have told me how encouraged they are or how proud they are of my attitude. In everything, I SO want God to be glorified - I mean how amazing would it be to walk through this and let people see Christ in me, rather than a debilitating treatment for a disorder wreaking havoc on my body? That's my prayer.

I sure have my days though. Some days are just hard. Long, exhausting days - and exhausted just from being awake. Not from actually DOING anything. Well, I guess those aren't "real" days for me since I have three children. Even just laying on the couch doing "nothing" requires several ups and downs each day.

And not that I want anyone to be without work, but Joel and I realized last week that every time there's be a major issue with my health (like crisis mode, requiring extra help when Joel's working), one of his parents has been out of work. Coincidence? I choose to think not. Yesterday I was feeling much worse than I thought I would. I was able to call Papa Dave to come sit with the kids so I could nap. I needed the sleep so desperately, but with Larry, Curly & Moe here, it would have been impossible. Especially Curly. She's a talker.

I'm so thankful today for the provision that  God's given us...that where there are unanswered questions, there are also needs met before we can even present our requests to God. It's an amazing thing. He's an amazing God.

1 comment: