Blog Bird Background - a Reminder that God knows and still cares- even about my hair falling out.

Matthew 10:29-31 "What's the price of a pet canary? Some loose change, right? And God cares what happens to it even more than you do. He pays even greater attention to you, down to the last detail - even numbering the hairs on your head! So don't be intimidated by all this bully talk. You're worth more than a million canaries. (The Message Translation)



Monday, July 19, 2010

Party on Down!

Yesterday we went to celebrate the Birthdays of our good friends' little boys. Jarek turned 5 and Jakoby is the big 0-1. Both are adorable and super sweet and it's clear that Erik & Sharon are amazing parents. I think Sharon stresses about her job as SAHM sometimes, so I think it's important to tell the world what an amazing job she's doing. It's very evident the time and energy she's poured into those boys, and she's a great mother, and one I often try to copy (especially in the mopping arena!). And I'm not just saying all this because she's my friend. I like friends that are "iron sharpening iron" friends, and I for sure think Shaon is one who makes me want to be better and everything I do. I love her.

There are a few things you can always count on for Jarek's Birthday Party since the M's moved here: Great weather, a big backyard BBQ, and plenty of water games for all the kids to play in (wading pool, slip n' slide, sprinkler, water balloons, squirt guns...). In fact, we don't even put our kids in "actual" clothes - we just put them in swim trunks and matching shirts (Liv of course wore her ADORABLE new eyelet swimsuit cover up and her straw hat with low pony tails...it was ridiculously cute!!) so they can just peel off the top layer and GO!

I love getting to see my friends, the kids getting energy out and being exhausted at bedtime and the kids love pretty much everything about Erik & Sharon's. What's not to love?!  Here are a couple shots from the day:

Joel taking his turn during the adult's game.

William skipping!

Soak the sponge in the pool, run down the yard...

Fill the bucket!

Liv cut in line and took a turn (she wasn't even playing!)

Love the progression of these pics- Erik showing her how to squeeze it...

Erik may or may not  be helping her get her sponge rung all the way out. :)

Go, Will, GO!!! (as Noah checks out the competition!)

Birthday Boy Jarek. I love this kid!! He said he liked my new haircut. ;)

Birthday boy Jakoby James - my favorite baby of all times. (Except maybe Sanders)
(Signature M. drool on his shirt. LOVE IT!)

No comments: