Blog Bird Background - a Reminder that God knows and still cares- even about my hair falling out.

Matthew 10:29-31 "What's the price of a pet canary? Some loose change, right? And God cares what happens to it even more than you do. He pays even greater attention to you, down to the last detail - even numbering the hairs on your head! So don't be intimidated by all this bully talk. You're worth more than a million canaries. (The Message Translation)



Sunday, July 11, 2010

Today started out super rough for me. I began the day by popping my 2 anti-nausea meds (both of which cause headaches) and a pain pill and falling back to sleep for a little while. Peanut butter toast helped the pills stay down.

I finally got to eat some of the fish tacos Michelle brought us for dinner last night, (Um, YUM) as last night, when it was time to eat the fish tacos, my stomach wasn't up for it. I ate leftover mashed potatoes from GG's dinner the night before. I am SO glad I asked Michelle to bring the recipe because those fish tacos were amazing - and a new Fahndrich family favorite. I can't stop blubbering all over myself about how wonderful Michelle is - she drove from Salem to bring us dinner! An hour and a half drive (one way!) just to bring us dinner. And honestly, her day was already packed. Seriously, she's probably tired of me talking about it, but I just feel so blessed that she did that for us. I also want to give a HUGE thank you to Sharon who brought us dinner tonight. TOTALLY hit the spot. It was the perfect, well rounded dinner and I kind of think I'm having more for lunch tomorrow. So good! We are so blessed with friends and family who have stood by us not just through this latest go-'round, but over the last 3 years.

After lunch, Joel took the kids to play at Uncle Jeremy's house for a little while (and Uncle Jeremy sent them home with a NEW Xbox game - so exciting!!) and I was able to sit on the bed and fold the piles (and piles) of clean laundry sitting in my room and get them put away. What a feeling of accomplishment after two and a half days of feeling absolutely miserable and being out of commission. I didn't really start feeling like I could do anything until the 3rd day following chemo last month, so I feel like this is a bit of an improvement this month. Though, we'll see how I feel in the morning! I guess the good news is that if I feel sick in the morning again, the laundry will already be done and put away.

The kids had a difficult time settling down tonight. I don't blame them...I understand how hard this has all been for Joel and I to go through - and we 'get' it all (Well, as much as we can, right?). As little kids, all they know is that their world is in a bit of chaos and Mommy hasn't been herself the last couple days.

Uncle Ben asked me tonight how he could pray specifically...I hadn't thought about putting specific things to pray for on the blog until he asked that. Of course, I would love for God to heal me. But, in the meantime, there are totally specific things that you can all be praying for day by day as I go on this journey. I think that what I want or feel I need changes sometimes hourly - mostly depending on how I'm feeling!

Pray for side-effects to be minimal, and a quick recovery after each treatment.
Pray for a platelet count of 50,000 or greater, that holds.
Pray for grace and peace for Will, Hunter & Liv as they don't understand everything that's going on.
Pray for strength and grace for Joel as he picks up the slack around the house and with the children, in addition to doing his "normal" job.

Thank you for loving us and standing by us during this time!
Betsy & Joel

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hang in there Bets, I know you can make it! I love you lots!
_sam

michelle said...

you are soooooo funny!!!! I am just so glad it tasted good to you at least the second day!!!! let your body rest!! from what my sissy in law experienced........ the chemo will accumulate and things will last longer each time! so just let your body relax! :)