Blog Bird Background - a Reminder that God knows and still cares- even about my hair falling out.

Matthew 10:29-31 "What's the price of a pet canary? Some loose change, right? And God cares what happens to it even more than you do. He pays even greater attention to you, down to the last detail - even numbering the hairs on your head! So don't be intimidated by all this bully talk. You're worth more than a million canaries. (The Message Translation)



Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sleep Deprived

I wonder where I might find some pretty purple scarves and shirts to match the bags under my eyes? I don't know if it's because I'm "sick", but I know one thing for sure: I'm not sleeping at night. I've had trouble getting to sleep at night and I'm not really sure why. Last night I was awake until at least 3 (the last time I looked at the clock) and one night I was literally awake all night long - until 5:30. Joel's alarm went off at 6 and I got up to talk to him for a bit, then back to sleep until the kids woke around 8. That was NOT a great day following, let me tell you. I don't know why sleep eludes me. Maybe it's the Plaquenil, though, nothing in the medicine info says it causes insomnia (upset stomach? Yes. Oh, boy, yes). Maybe it's the combination of everything going on in my body and I just can't get it settled down.

Needless to say, I'm pretty tired right now. It's my "tired" time of day when I really feel the most exhausted and run down - I need to figure out a new dinner routine. Either Dream Dinners or every single meal in the crock-pot or something. I'm just too tired to stand in the kitchen & cook at night - and supposedly, the exhaustion gets worse. Joy. :)

I know this isn't the most chipper, upbeat post. I'm extremely tired today. Though, overall it was a good day. I got two of the kids rooms cleaned & vaccumed, my bathroom is started being cleaned (rugs up, counter cleaned off, so tomorrow I can actually clean it and be done) and all the clean laundry folded and put away. I love that feeling, plus it helps me sleep at night without the "mess" of clean clothes needing to be folded sitting on the floor in my room. It was a productive day, I'm just tired.

No comments: